

I like the simplicity of the ribbons by themselves. the one on the bus where the ribbons are separated works well when you view it from a distance. Nice work.
I like the fans on the bus and billboard. I like how the logo is the middle and you sport person one each of the side.
-mary
I would probably stick to the ones with pictures in them just because the simplicity of the other ads is almost too vague. I do like the idea of these rays of sun which is much like the "land of the rising sun" that Japan is.
Good job~, you did a lot~for me, I like middle left and right for the first photo, and the top middle buswrap~
Yan
I think you should try to incorporate the shapes of the fans more, whether it is just using one fan and tying it in with other imagery. I also dont get a japanese or tokyo feel from these posters. I think you need to represent the culture more or even as aspect of the city. Look at the beijing 2008 posters and how they reflect their culture as well as the olympics.
I like your ribbons of color, but I don't see them representing Tokyo. I agree with Cristine and think that you need to represent the culture more. But from these I like the ribbons + the images of the athletes.
I kind of like the simpleness of your design and the first billboard is my favorite. It looks like the running track to me. Nice work!!
i like the concept of the rays, but you could go one step further and place a realistic sky behind it so it give the illusion the rays are floating rather than place on a white background. The bus concept is good with the girl jumping over the tire. it has more of a olympic feel.
I like you billboard. Instead of mirroring the athlete, it would be cool to find an athlete from a different uniform or country doing the same move, creating a competitive feel.
I like your idea of using the shapes from your logo on the billboard and the bus. Also the use of just one person works well with your your logo because of its simplicity. I could see a series of these billboards with different athletes. However, maybe you could try making the figures bigger, or the background shapes bigger so there's some overlapping. The rays you chose to use in the first billboard though don't seem to relate to your logo... and it kind of feels like I'm looking at a rainbow.
I really like that you've chosen the shape of the leaf to represent Tokyo. I almost used it myself for Osaka. Because you've used it so many times within the logo itself,maybe try to incorporate it as a parttern within those bigger "fans" of shapes you are using on the billboard?
Japan has A LOT of cultural aspect to play around with and I don't see it here. Maybe even take it to another level and go with the same approach London did with representing the style that is hip, modern, and out of the ordinary. PLay with pixels of video games, technology etc
-Tiffanie-
i like the one where youve used the symbol from the logo as well as the first one
I like the rising sun billboard but it seems to be missing an element? Nice concept tho. I also like the 2 swimmers facing each other as well as the gymnast. But I think for the gymnast one, putting the logo back to horizontal instead of having is rotated like that might work better?? I am still not as sold on the typeface for the logo tho, Have you tried a type study to play around with a few diff ones?
i like the sun billboard, but like others have noted, is there an element missing? I like the idea, but it seems a little incomplete.
I agree. The rays really suit the host city and i love the simplicity of the designs. There also seems to be something missing to me. I like bus wrap 4, because I could see that on a bus and grabbing people's attention.
I like all the design ideas and I think they go together very well. They have both a simplicity and dynamic feel to them. However, they feel a bit generic; They don't seem very "Tokyo." Try to incorporate more cultural influences into the designs.
you are alive. heather.. come see me regarding your attendance.
the five streaks of color work, but i can put any city there. what about tokyo, your logo, and the culture can you include to make it dynamic to the region of where the games are? it needs serious help to become something unique.
Copyright 2009
Art 341- Production Design. Powered by Blogger. Blogger Showcase
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates. Wordpress by Wpthemesfree
February 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM
I like the simplicity of the ribbons by themselves. the one on the bus where the ribbons are separated works well when you view it from a distance. Nice work.
February 25, 2010 at 9:50 AM
I like the fans on the bus and billboard. I like how the logo is the middle and you sport person one each of the side.
-mary
February 25, 2010 at 12:13 PM
I would probably stick to the ones with pictures in them just because the simplicity of the other ads is almost too vague. I do like the idea of these rays of sun which is much like the "land of the rising sun" that Japan is.
February 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Good job~, you did a lot~for me, I like middle left and right for the first photo, and the top middle buswrap~
Yan
February 25, 2010 at 1:47 PM
I think you should try to incorporate the shapes of the fans more, whether it is just using one fan and tying it in with other imagery. I also dont get a japanese or tokyo feel from these posters. I think you need to represent the culture more or even as aspect of the city. Look at the beijing 2008 posters and how they reflect their culture as well as the olympics.
February 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM
I like your ribbons of color, but I don't see them representing Tokyo. I agree with Cristine and think that you need to represent the culture more. But from these I like the ribbons + the images of the athletes.
February 25, 2010 at 9:33 PM
I kind of like the simpleness of your design and the first billboard is my favorite. It looks like the running track to me. Nice work!!
February 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM
i like the concept of the rays, but you could go one step further and place a realistic sky behind it so it give the illusion the rays are floating rather than place on a white background. The bus concept is good with the girl jumping over the tire. it has more of a olympic feel.
February 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM
I like you billboard. Instead of mirroring the athlete, it would be cool to find an athlete from a different uniform or country doing the same move, creating a competitive feel.
February 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM
I like your idea of using the shapes from your logo on the billboard and the bus. Also the use of just one person works well with your your logo because of its simplicity. I could see a series of these billboards with different athletes. However, maybe you could try making the figures bigger, or the background shapes bigger so there's some overlapping. The rays you chose to use in the first billboard though don't seem to relate to your logo... and it kind of feels like I'm looking at a rainbow.
February 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM
I really like that you've chosen the shape of the leaf to represent Tokyo. I almost used it myself for Osaka. Because you've used it so many times within the logo itself,maybe try to incorporate it as a parttern within those bigger "fans" of shapes you are using on the billboard?
Japan has A LOT of cultural aspect to play around with and I don't see it here. Maybe even take it to another level and go with the same approach London did with representing the style that is hip, modern, and out of the ordinary. PLay with pixels of video games, technology etc
-Tiffanie-
February 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM
i like the one where youve used the symbol from the logo as well as the first one
February 27, 2010 at 12:54 AM
I like the rising sun billboard but it seems to be missing an element? Nice concept tho. I also like the 2 swimmers facing each other as well as the gymnast. But I think for the gymnast one, putting the logo back to horizontal instead of having is rotated like that might work better?? I am still not as sold on the typeface for the logo tho, Have you tried a type study to play around with a few diff ones?
February 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM
i like the sun billboard, but like others have noted, is there an element missing? I like the idea, but it seems a little incomplete.
February 27, 2010 at 10:47 AM
I agree. The rays really suit the host city and i love the simplicity of the designs. There also seems to be something missing to me. I like bus wrap 4, because I could see that on a bus and grabbing people's attention.
February 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM
I like all the design ideas and I think they go together very well. They have both a simplicity and dynamic feel to them. However, they feel a bit generic; They don't seem very "Tokyo." Try to incorporate more cultural influences into the designs.
February 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM
you are alive. heather.. come see me regarding your attendance.
the five streaks of color work, but i can put any city there. what about tokyo, your logo, and the culture can you include to make it dynamic to the region of where the games are? it needs serious help to become something unique.