
I think the idea of having objects from the office works really well. Maybe working with the effects and gradients in photoshop, you can really make your design stand out.
I also like the simpler sketches, they're clean and to the point. Color, and placement of the elements can really make the designs great!
I think your sketches have good potential but the one that I think has the greatest potential is the last one to the right. The idea of the logo just floating in the center is a good i idea and placing the numbers behind the logo gives it that sense of clearity on what the software does. My suggestion would be placing letters as well in the background, not just numbers because right now it seems like it is a math type software. As well as lowering the opacity on the numbers and letters and making the logo POP with it's vibrante colors will workout really well...good job!
I like the idea of images like in ur first sketch of the paper and the keyboard. It stands out and explains what Microsoft is about. It might be going back to older designs they had, but you can definitely use that idea and update it.
i dont think the logo should be big like keyboard sketch, since it can battle in contrast.
-mary
I think the first image on the bottom left work out really well. There's plenty of potential with the negative space and will also make the software feel updated. The title works out really well on the top since you need viewers to read it. I would say go for this one.
I like your top bottom left sketch. But I feel like you aren't incorporating anything new into the design. I have seen most of these same ideas on the packaging in years past. I like your ideas with the abstract shapes the best. The ones with the earth and the computer mouse aren't really working for me. So I would try to stick with those ideas but add something else to them . I feel like they need something besides just an abstract shape...
I like the overall look of your designs, but it seems too familiar to the original Microsoft Offices designs.
You have a great foundation for your package design. If you do take a typical object, such as a keyboard and mouse and create an effect, angle or something special, it could work. At this stage, it is hard to see where you want to take these, because they are standard concepts for software packaging.
Copyright 2009
Art 341- Production Design. Powered by Blogger. Blogger Showcase
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates. Wordpress by Wpthemesfree
March 16, 2010 at 9:00 AM
I think the idea of having objects from the office works really well. Maybe working with the effects and gradients in photoshop, you can really make your design stand out.
I also like the simpler sketches, they're clean and to the point. Color, and placement of the elements can really make the designs great!
March 16, 2010 at 9:01 AM
I think your sketches have good potential but the one that I think has the greatest potential is the last one to the right. The idea of the logo just floating in the center is a good i idea and placing the numbers behind the logo gives it that sense of clearity on what the software does. My suggestion would be placing letters as well in the background, not just numbers because right now it seems like it is a math type software. As well as lowering the opacity on the numbers and letters and making the logo POP with it's vibrante colors will workout really well...good job!
March 16, 2010 at 9:18 AM
I like the idea of images like in ur first sketch of the paper and the keyboard. It stands out and explains what Microsoft is about. It might be going back to older designs they had, but you can definitely use that idea and update it.
i dont think the logo should be big like keyboard sketch, since it can battle in contrast.
-mary
March 16, 2010 at 9:19 AM
I think the first image on the bottom left work out really well. There's plenty of potential with the negative space and will also make the software feel updated. The title works out really well on the top since you need viewers to read it. I would say go for this one.
March 16, 2010 at 9:33 AM
I like your top bottom left sketch. But I feel like you aren't incorporating anything new into the design. I have seen most of these same ideas on the packaging in years past. I like your ideas with the abstract shapes the best. The ones with the earth and the computer mouse aren't really working for me. So I would try to stick with those ideas but add something else to them . I feel like they need something besides just an abstract shape...
March 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM
I like the overall look of your designs, but it seems too familiar to the original Microsoft Offices designs.
March 17, 2010 at 9:30 AM
You have a great foundation for your package design. If you do take a typical object, such as a keyboard and mouse and create an effect, angle or something special, it could work. At this stage, it is hard to see where you want to take these, because they are standard concepts for software packaging.